Message from: General Manager
Update to our Port Stephens Community – Thursday 18 March 2021
Dear Resident, Family and Carer
Staff and visitors are not required to wear a surgical mask in a facility located in NSW. Currently there are no cases of community transmission of COVID-19 or areas of increased testing in NSW, however there have been some recent cases acquired in hotel quarantine and there are locations of concern in Sydney and Brisbane.
Advice to residential aged care facilities from Department of Health
As of 18 March 2021
Visitors to a facility in NSW are not required to wear a surgical mask.
Exclude visitors who:
- have COVID-19 symptoms – fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19
- have been to any NSW, Interstate or Overseas locations listed in the current areas of concern at the dates and times listed for 14 days after they have visited the location
- live in the NSW areas of increased testing
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
For advice on allowing entry to visitors in exceptional circumstances:
- please see the advice on Exceptional circumstances for visiting a RACF and
- call the local public health unit on 1300 066 055 for a risk assessment and further advice.
I will continue to advise you frequently with any updates or information.
If you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to call or refer to your Care Service Manager.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us on 49 84 1811 or email@example.com.
If you require assistance for:
- For Community Service Clients hotline call 1800 620 356.
- Emails directly to the Executive Management Team including the General Manager can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information can also be found on the following websites: