Message from: General Manager
Update to our Port Stephens Community – Friday 08 January 2021
Dear Resident, Family and Carer
Due to the emerging COVID situation in QLD there is significant updates for all residential aged care facilities and included updates for NSW.
Advice to residential aged care facilities from Department of Health
As of 8 January 2021
Until further notice all residential aged care facilities must:
- ensure all staff and visitors wear a surgical mask within the facility
- ensure residents in Greater Sydney (including Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Illawarra Local Government Areas ) have a maximum of only two visitors each day. They may have different visitors each day
- exclude visitors from the Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, Wollongong LGA, Cumberland City Council and the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council
- exclude visitors who have been in the following Local Government Areas of Queensland since 2 January 2021: City of Brisbane, Logan City, City of Ipswich, Moreton Bay Region, Redland City, Lockyer Valley Region, Scenic Rim or Somerset Region. Visitors from these regions should be excluded.
- staff who have been to the Queensland local government areas of City of Brisbane, Logan City, City of Ipswich, Moreton Bay Region, Redland City, Lockyer Valley Region, Scenic Rim Region or Somerset Region since 2 January 2021, should ring their local public health unit for a risk assessment and further advice.
- exclude staff and visitors who:
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating
- have been to any of the latest COVID-19 locations in NSW at the times and dates listed, excluding the monitor for symptoms list
- have a fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19 (acute blocked nose congestion has been added to the list of symptoms)
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolated period.
- regularly visit the NSW COVID-19 website on areas of active community transmission
- ensure that legible records are kept of visitor and staff entry and exit into the facility for contract tracing purposes
- other ways to connect with family and friends will remain important. Refer to the Industry Code for Visiting Residential Aged Care Homes during COVID-19 for alternative ways of communicating between residents and their families.
Until further notice all residential aged care facilities in Northern Area of the Northern Beaches, Wollongong LGA, Cumberland City Council or the Canterbury Ward of Canterbury Bankstown Council:
- must exclude all visitors, except those performing essential caring functions
- should avoid residents leaving the facility unless it is essential (for example, a medical appointment) or for exercise
- should ensure that residents are provided with appropriate PPE and infection control advice if they need to leave the facility.
I will continue to advise you frequently with any updates or information.
If you have any concerns please don’t hesitate to call or refer to your Care Service Manager.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us on 49 84 1811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require assistance for:
- For Community Service Clients hotline call 1800 620 356.
- Emails directly to the Executive Management Team including the General Manager can be forwarded to email@example.com
Information can also be found on the following websites: