Message from: General Manager
As the COVID-19 Coronavirus situation evolves, we want to reassure you that we are continuing to implement all possible measures to prevent the spread of this illness in our Residential Care Facilities, Community Services and our Retirement Villages in order to protect our residents, consumers and our staff who are continuing to deliver our services.
Due to COVID-19 we made the decision to move to full restricted access of our Residential Aged Care Facilities from Wednesday 25th of March at Midday. This is not a decision we have taken lightly, however we believe it is in the best interests of our residents and staff.
All of our Residents and their families have been consulted as part of this process to ensure that we continue to meet their individual needs and preferences.
The following interventions have been put in place for all of our Residential Aged Care Facilities:
- Residents will continue to maintain social distancing which has been updated and involves keeping a 4 square metre distance to other residents. Clearly this cannot apply to personal carers so we need to keep them safe and healthy as well.
- Restriction of non-essential visits out in public. Alternate arrangements have been made for the residents.
- Please do not personally visit; instead utilise where possible contact over the phone or via other technology you may have.
- We are aware of special circumstances which require special consideration in relation to visitation and the need to ensure we meet the individual needs of residents. Special Consideration is only approved in consultation with the Service Manager.
- Any person under the age of 16 years is unable to enter any aged care facility.
- Where there has been an agreed visitation with the Service Manager the visitor will be screened on entry. Visits will be restricted to resident rooms, outside or in an area away from other residents as designated by the facility. Visits will be limited to a short duration. All social distancing needs to be adhered to whilst in any of our facilities.
We understand the need for families to stay connected during these uncertain times so please arrange to utilise technology available.
Our Community clients continue to receive essential services. Services that are non-essential have been postponed or delivery of that service has changed to ensure the health and safety of our Consumers and Staff.
Our Retirement Villages recreation centres are temporarily closed including the use of the pool, gym and community recreation areas due to Directions by the Prime Minister of Australia and subsequent Public Health Act changes.
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly and we will endeavour to keep you informed as we progress. Our Executive Management Team continue to monitor the emerging situation and we are reviewing and adapting our plans to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our residents, consumers and staff regularly or as we receive updated advice.
Working together we can protect the most vulnerable members of our community. Our employees are working extremely hard to ensure our residents’ safety so please ensure that we treat each other with dignity and respect. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us if you need further advice or clarification.
If you require assistance for:
- Residential Care COVID-19 hotline call 1800 595 195 during business hours or 49 841811 Harbourside Haven Nursing Home & Hostels or 49 811 611 for Bill King Aged Care Fingal Bay.
- For Community Service Clients hotline call 1800 620 356.
- Emails directly to the Executive Management Team including the General Manager can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information can also be found on the following websites: